Have you thought about how you can turn your passion for food 而且 nutrition into a meaningful, 成功的职业? As a student in Bastyr’s Master of Science in 营养 program, you’ll gain a solid overview of nutritional science, 理论和研究. This innovative curriculum provides you the practical skills 而且 confidence you need to bring whole-foods nutrition 而且 wellness to your community.
- 世界一流的教育. A rigorous, science-based curriculum that will equip you with a natural health perspective. 高素质的教师, small class sizes 而且 strong advising programs give you the focused attention you deserve.
- Exceptional Learning Environment. Grow your underst而且ing of nutritional concepts 而且 develop your culinary skills in a fully equipped whole-food nutrition kitchen. Choose from organic, local meals at our whole-food 餐厅共用. Help maintain the University's 草药花园 而且 its 350 species of herbs 而且 seasonal crops. The garden serves as a laboratory for organic, sustainable 而且 renewable agriculture.
- Additional learning opportunities. You’ll have access to elective classes in other programs, including 植物科学, 自然疗法医学 而且 健康心理学.
The primary purpose of this degree is preparation for advanced doctoral studies in nutrition or other healthcare-related fields. Graduates may also consider careers in:
- 研究 laboratories as research assistants
学校的位置 - Seattle, WA
Seattle, 华盛顿 Campus
Set in the heart of the Pacific Northwest, Bastyr’s expansive Seattle-area campus provides a serene, natural environment for students to deepen their health education. Our campus is located in the Seattle suburb of 肯,华盛顿, 而且 encompasses 51 acres along the shore of Lake 华盛顿.
At our Seattle-area campus, you’ll enjoy dynamic classroom environments 而且 unique facilities for research, laboratory 而且 clinical experiences. Our campus location also affords you easy access to the rich cultural experiences of the Seattle metropolitan area 而且 unlimited exposure to the natural wonders of the Puget Sound region.
Bastyr’s innovative MSN program provides a broad education in preventive health 而且 wellness, prepares students to critically evaluate scientific literature 而且 serves as a firm foundation for future education. 参考UC8体育首页的 课程设置表 for the number of credits per course, course hours 而且 lecture hours each week.
This curriculum prepares students to successfully navigate the path toward their nutrition-focused profession. Expected learning outcomes of graduates can be found in the 课程目录.
Contact an advisor to learn more about the Master of Science in 营养 program.
- 3.25 in prerequisite coursework (all classes listed as specific prerequisites)
- 3.25 cumulative GPA in science prerequisites with a B or better in Human Physiology, 有机化学, Biochemistry 而且 Microbiology
- 3.0 in nutrition coursework
- 3.0 cumulative undergraduate coursework
- Entering students must have a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college/university